Each course is from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Topeka Chamber of Commerce Boardroom. Lunch will be served.
Oct. 18 – Doing More with Less: Cutting Your Budget While Growing Your Organization
Brett Oetting, president & CEO, Visit Topeka, Inc.
- For a small business owner, writing a budget can be terrifying. Brett will explain the importance of using and writing an effective budget while offering tips and tricks to maximize revenues by focusing on tightening controls and leveraging more effort for selling and marketing your business.
Nov. 15 – Understanding Financial Statements
Matt Deutsch, Berberich Trahan & Co., PA
- The three basic financial statements of a business and what they can tell a business owner about his and her business.
- Key ratios that need to be calculated from amounts on the financials and understood by the business owner.
- How the financial statements should be used in the decision making process.
Dec. 6 – Tax Season: Tips for the Small Business Owner
Brad Koehn, Berberich Trahan & Co., PA
- Gain insights into the new tax changes for the 2017 tax filing season.
- Includes information for both the small business and individual tax filings.
- Expectations to tax changes in the future.
If you have any questions, contact Mary Ann Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.