2017 Small Business Awards
On Tuesday, May 9, 2017, GO Topeka and the Greater Topeka Chamber of Commerce will recognize local businesses, a nonprofit agency and a small business advocate for their outstanding achievements and contributions to the Shawnee County Community.
Secretary Antonio Soave, Kansas Department of Commerce, will be our keynote speaker. Congratulations to our finalists.
- Emerging Entrepreneur of Distinction – Successful business owner who has been in business one to two years.
- Crescent Foundry, LLC dba The Foundry
- Norsemen Brewing Company
- Shana Cakes, LLC
- Non-Profit Award of Distinction – Must be legally formed as one of the following: 501(c)3, 501(c)4, 501(c)5, 501(c)6.
- Boys and Girls Club of Topeka
- Topeka Rescue Mission, Inc.
- YWCA of NE Kansas
- Minority and Women Owned Business of Distinction – A minority-owned business is a business that is at least 51% owned and operated by one of the following: Native American, Hispanic/Latino, African-American, Asian/Pacific Islander or Subcontinent Asian. A woman-owned business is a business that is at least 51% owned and operated by a female.
- Finding My Way Books
- Prairie Glass Studio
- Oasis Family Medicine Associates, LLC
- Capital City Business of Distinction – An individual who owns 51% of a small business and is responsible for the principal operations of the small business
- Envista Credit Union
- HME, Inc. – Haas Metal Engineering
- Sprout Communication, LLC
- Small Business Advocate – Provides technical assistance to small businesses, supports the development of entrepreneurs or raises the awareness about the importance of small businesses to the community.
- Create Uplift, LLC
- Jenny Torrence – Owner, Serendipity, Pinkadilly, NOTO Burrito
- TK Business Magazine, Inc.