Positioned in one of the nation’s fastest growing areas for the health sciences, Topeka and Shawnee County helped build what is now known as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor. Topeka is home to one of the world’s largest R&D facilities for canine and feline health research, Hill’s Pet Nutrition Science & Technology Center. Topeka and Shawnee County have one of the smartest, most highly-skilled workforces in the region. Our proximity to two universities that excel in health sciences gives us the advantage of homegrown talent. More than 300 animal health companies are located between Manhattan, Kansas, and Columbia, Missouri, including four of the top 10 animal health companies in the world. With Topeka, your pool for recruiting top employees is among the largest anywhere.
- Home to Hill’s Science Diet, JM Smucker, Bimini Health and Crosswinds Pet Foods
- State-of-the-art industry research is taking place at Kansas State University, a phenomenal asset located within 60 miles of Topeka.
- Central location makes for timely delivery throughout North America. Within one day, goods shipped by truck reach 25% of US population, 90% by day two.
- Located within 60 miles of The U.S. Department of Agriculture and U.S. Department of Homeland Security new National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility (NBAF) in Manhattan, Kansas. This state-of-the-art facility will be a national asset that helps protect the nation’s agriculture, farmers and citizens against the threat and potential impact of serious animal diseases.
- Companies located within the regional Animal Health Corridor represent 67% of the total animal health, diagnostics and pet food sold in the US which totals $21.5 billion in sales. (Total US Sales = $32 billion)
- Companies with a business location within the regional Animal Health Corridor represent 56% of the total animal health, diagnostics and pet food sales globally which totals almost $50 billion in sales. (Total Global Sales = $88.2 billion)