Topeka is home to one of the world’s largest R&D facilities for canine and feline health research, Hill’s Pet Nutrition Science & Technology Center. Our proximity to two universities that excel in health sciences gives us the advantage of homegrown talent. Topeka and Shawnee County have one of the most highly educated and skilled workforces in the region.
More than 300 animal health companies are located between Manhattan, Kansas, and Columbia, Missouri, including four of the top 10 animal health companies in the world. With Topeka, your pool for recruiting top employees is among the largest anywhere.
- Cost of doing business is 8% below the national average.
- Aggressive & flexible cash incentives for capital investment, jobs, and training
- Community technical school with customized training programs for industry partners
- Excellent Interstate access and plenty of shovel-ready sites & buildings
- Within one day, goods shipped by truck reach 25% of US population, 90% by day two.
- Located within 60 miles of The U.S. Department of Agriculture and U.S. Department of Homeland Security new National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility (NBAF) in Manhattan, Kansas. This state-of-the-art facility will be a national asset that helps protect the nation’s agriculture, farmers and citizens against the threat and potential impact of serious animal diseases.
- Companies located within the regional Animal Health Corridor represent 67% of the total animal health, diagnostics and pet food sold in the US which totals almost $50 billion in sales.
- Partnerships with BioKansas to build a regional hub for biologics to showcase the region’s innovation in technologies, advancements, career and network opportunities with top innovators and scientists.
Major companies in Topeka: (logos for each)
- Hill’s Science Diet
- JM Smucker
- Bimini Health
- Crosswinds Pet Foods
- The Honest Mill
- NextGen Cattle