As companies look to create the best product with an eye toward controlling cost, they will find Topeka can provide access to the talent and training that will enable their company to succeed.
Within 60 miles of Topeka, companies can access a highly educated workforce with over 13,500 students graduating annually from the University of Kansas, Kansas State University and Washburn University along with access to agricultural research conducted at KSU.
- Cost of doing business is 8% below the national average.
- Aggressive & flexible cash incentives for capital investment, jobs, and training
- Community technical school with customized training programs for industry partners
- Excellent Interstate access and plenty of shovel-ready sites & buildings
- Within one day, goods shipped by truck reach 25% of US population, 90% by day two.
- Existing workforce of over 3,480 currently in the food processing industry
- In Manhattan, Kansas – 60 miles from Topeka:
- Kansas State University expertise in Food Science Institute. Nationally and internationally recognized in food chemistry, food microbiology, food safety, cereal science, food engineering, and human nutrition
- American Institute of Baking – major center for wheat and related grain product research and development in the world. Provides research and technical services including: consulting for production and quality issues, ingredient testing, audits of ingredients and finished product quality.
Major companies in Topeka:
- Bimbo Bakeries
- Mars Wrigley
- Frito Lay
- Reser’s Fine Foods
- Hill’s Science Diet
- Crosswinds Pet Foods
- The Honest Mill