Topeka is one of the most "livable" cities in the United States.
Recent national surveys rank Topeka high for quality of life attributes including:
- Topeka was ranked as the 5th top city with the lowest cost of living in America by Niche’s 2019 Best Places.
- Topeka is home to the newest U.S. Midwest location of Silicon Valley based start-up incubator Plug and Play, providing investment and resources for entrepreneurs in animal health and ag tech verticals.
- The Topeka MSA was ranked #17 of the Top 25 Best Cities for the Next Decade by percentage of Workforce in the Creative Class.
- The United Way of Greater Topeka reports that per capita Topekans give 50% more than the average Kansan and 250% more than the average American.
- Topeka ranks 7th among 75 mid-size cities for volunteers.
In addition to a cost of living that’s 8% to 10% below average, you’ll also find quality neighborhood schools, housing of all types and price ranges, a regional medical center that serves all of northeast Kansas, historic, educational and fun attractions, sidewalks in most neighborhoods, easy access to parks and trails throughout Shawnee County, civic organizations for every interest and myriad arts and culture activities.
The following Topeka, KS quality of life videos were created by GO Topeka, Greater Topeka Chamber of Commerce, Visit Topeka and Gizmo Pictures.